TrailMade Machined Billet Aluminum Transmission Shift Knob for the 2nd Gen Tacoma (2005 – 2015)
This is for the transmission shift knob only.
Vehicle Fitment & Size
- 2nd Gen Tacoma (2005-2012) Gen 2
- 2nd Gen Tacoma (2013-2015) Gen 2.5
- Manual Transmission & Automatic Transmission Compatible
- Transmission Shifter Rod OD & Thread Pitch: 8mm X 1.25
Features & Benefits
- Interchangeable Magnetic Cap Design
- Toolless Removeable Utility Cap Design (no tools required to change cap design)
- Easily Change Cap Design On The Fly
- Custom Designs Available Upon Request
- Easily Rotate/Spin The Cap Design Freely Until the Designed Position is Reached
- Durable Anodized Finish (Black, Grey, Raw, Bronze)
- Engineered to be ergonomic
- Easy installation (thread on until knob is tight)
- Machined/Lathed Billet Aluminum
- Machined/Milled Threaded Internals
Made in the USA
- Designed in El Dorado Hills, CA
- Machined in the USA: Roseville, CA
- Packing & Shipping Supplies Made in the USA: Folsom, CA
2nd Gen Tacoma Shifter
The main difference between our standard 5th Gen 4Runner transmission shifter and the 2nd Gen Tacoma shifter is the overall height. This is the same shift knob design, only shorter in height. For the 2nd Gen Tacoma shifter to properly fit, we had to reduce the overall height by 1/4″ on the lower portion of the shaft. The 2nd Gen Tacoma shifter has been reduced in height on the lower portion of the shifter, not the top portion. We have designed the 2nd Gen Tacoma knob to have the same economic shape towards the top of the shift knob so that it fits perfectly in your hand. The same interchangeable cap design applies and all magnetic caps are compatible with the 2nd Gen Tacoma model.
Unlike the 3rd Gen Tacoma, the 2nd Gen Tacoma has a single 8mm X 1.25 shaft that runs into the transmission tunnel. Because of this, the 2nd Gen model does not require a shift knob collar to hug a boot. Because of this, we designed the 2nd Gen shifter to be a single piece of a billet with a shift that tapers up to a knob.
How are TrailMade Shift Knobs Different?
What makes our shift knobs special is our toolless cap design removal system. TrailMade shift knobs feature a patent pending toolless cap removal using a magnet countersunk and machine-pressed into a lathed billet core with a beveled floor. Our patent covers any interchangeable cap design without the use of tools, among other elements. The design allows you to easily swap out the design on your shift knob by pressing down on the corner of the cap with your thumb (toolless). When the cap is pressed down on any outside edge, it drops into a beveled floor which pops the other side up. Once you have the magnetized cap up, simply remove it and exchange it with another cap design.
We offer a wide variety of shift knob caps for the top of the shift knob. If you’re looking for caps, please head over to our TrailMade Shift Knob Caps to see our collection.
TrailMade Cap Designs & Color Options
- TrailTacoma “Trail TeePee” Icon
- Extra caps: TrailMade Shift Knob Caps
- Fierce Black
- Graphite Gunmetal
- Brushed Raw Aluminum